“Wintervale” Coming This Sunday
Free Winter Fun in Burlington’s Intervale
You don’t have to go ‘to the mountain’ to stay active during the winter. Come enjoy some snowy winter fun right in town!
Sunday, January 6th, 10am to 2pm
Intervale Community Farm (Winter Share Pickup Location), 282 Intervale Road, Burlington
300 yards past the McNeil Generating Plant
Enjoy winter with some fun free outdoor activities in Burlington’s largest natural area — the Intervale! We’ll have snowshoes, kids cross-country skis and adult skate skis to try for free. Enjoy kids activities and more.
Building off of the Intervale Center’s successful “Summervale” events, many organizations have come together to host Wintervale — a celebration of wintertime activities.
- Local Motion will groom the 3-miles of scenic cross country ski trails in the Intervale
- The Intervale Center will host Wintervale and provide hot drinks and muffins
- Catamount Trail Association, Winooski Valley Park District and Burlington Parks and Rec will have snowshoes and skis to demo
- Skirack will have skate skis to demo and an instructor to provide helpful tips
- RunVermont and others will host kids games
- NEW! The Intervale Community Farm will provide a warming hut at their barn
- Wintervale is a collaborative event hosted by the Intervale Center 2-3 times a season as the weather permits in Burlington’s Intervale. More info:https://www.facebook.com/events/193160564155812/
- The Intervale XC Ski Trails are groomed by Local Motion volunteers all winter long as winter permits. To contribute or for more info: http://www.localmotion.org/ski