Well, with the light snow cover in some of our yards, it’s time to say good-bye to summer and fall. We had a great summer with all of you: a 22 week pick-up, a 25th birthday party, new members, returning members, and every color and texture of vegetable imaginable.
Our extended winter share begins next week! Another goal we met this year is to offer a 12 month CSA for the first time. The hoop houses are prepped, seeds are in the ground. We’ve harvested (8,000 lbs of sweet potatoes, 20,000 lbs potatoes, 10,000 lbs of carrots, tons of cabbage) and the winter cooler is full to the ceiling, waiting for hardy members to gather delicious root veggies for creative stews, soups, roasts and more.
- continue to read Bottom Land News for winter news and early summer signups
- watch for news on Wintervale from the Intervale Center (pending snow, of course)
- submit a recipe to be posted in the collection on our web site. What are your creations using butternut squash? Parsnips? Cabbage?
- spread the word about the farm and the wonderful experience you’ve had: we welcome new members
- “Like” us on Facebook to get periodic news flashes
- better yet, sign up for a winter share! We have room, and we have chickens, bread, eggs and cheese for order. You wouldn’t have to miss us at all!
Finally, we’re already preparing for next summer: seed catalogs are arriving daily!